Hridaya Basti: Oil Pool Over Heart
‘Hridaya’ means Heart in Sanskrit and Basti here meaning an artificial pool which can contain oil for as much time as required. It is a treatment where the pool of oil is made over your sternal and heart area, while you lie relaxingly on the therapy table. Here specially medicated warm oil is pooled and its temperature maintained for 30 – 45minutes.This is then followed by gentle massage on the chest area and the stomach. A series of these treatments can prove very beneficial in the below conditions:
- Muscular pain in the chest due to various reasons such as Ischemic Heart Disease, Cardiomyopathy, Valvular disease etc.
- Painful conditions of interior chest/ sternal area, like costochondritis etc.
- After cardiac surgeries – Strengthens cardiac muscles, nourishes and helps rejuvenate them
- Helps in regulating cardiac functions and improving blood circulation
- Relieves deep seated negative emotions of stress, panic, emotional trauma, anger, grief and gives a sense of peace and tranquility.
- As the blood circulation is normalized it has a positive effect in the overall functioning of the body and mind leading to increased energy.
- Very much beneficial for Athletes and intensive sports training like marathon and triathlon runners etc.
- Respiratory problems like asthma.